Sales Manager, Global Liquidity & Cash Management : 00008ROL
Employment Type: Regular
To maintain and enhance existing revenue streams and develop new revenue streams by identifying and selling innovative Global Liquidity and Cash Management (GLCM) solutions to a defined portfolio of clients thus maximizing commercial profitability and relationship depth. This will include contributing to the pricing, reviewing and negotiating the full range of cash management services together with effecting any cost reduction initiatives required by the Group:
- To be recognized as a GLCM specialist with an ability to display competent knowledge of relevant products and services with the jobholders area of responsibility.
- To act as a lead sales representative on opportunities with key clients and/or deals
- Consistently role model the Sales Manager competencies; providing guidance and coaching to other sales managers and team members where necessary.
- To achieve income for the Group by originating leads, building and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients in order to identify and sell innovative cash and clearing management solutions to a sector of HSBC’s CMB Business Banking clients.
- Responsibility for pricing, reviewing and negotiating the full range of cash management services for the CMB Business Banking Sector clients, together with effecting any cost reduction initiatives required by the HSBC Group. The jobholder is ultimately responsible for new sales revenue and the retention and growth of existing clients and income aligned to a portfolio within the CMB Business Banking Sector.
Impact on the Business
- Manage a client portfolio in order to maintain existing and generate new income for the business
- Manage costs within plan and to keep losses to a minimum
- Undertake sector/portfolio planning and client monitoring/contact
- Maintain close liaison with key stakeholders so as to provide input into the strategic direction of the business, the functionality and launch of new products and services.
- Actively contribute to the GLCM pipeline and keeping it accurate and up-to-date
- To remain up-to-date with product knowledge etc through attendance at presentations, training, reviewing intranet/internet etc.
- Generate referrals for other Global Businesses, e.g. Private Banking, GBM, RBWM, as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of external factors influencing international business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements.
- Execute a robust sales plan to target key customers including effective closure of pipeline deals to capture revenue
- Build and maintain close relationships with clients. Act on feedback from market surveys, client engagement programmes etc
- Support development, direction and delivery of strategic initiatives through
Customers / Stakeholders
- To broaden and deepen client relationships
- Work with relevant key stakeholders to ensure a positive client experience including excellent service and implementation
- Develop an appropriate calling plan to efficiently and effectively achieve goals and objectives. Through consultative selling, design and implement workable, innovative solutions for customers individual needs plus generate and receive quality referrals for/from other parts of the Group.
- Where appropriate undertake professional presentations etc to customers in support of potential opportunities portraying HSBC in the best possible light against a backdrop of competition from local, regional and/or global banks.
- Maintain and enhance the image of HSBC through the planning and execution of conferences, industry sector days, internal & external client road shows, active participation in industry associations and other such suitable events.
- Maintain close liaison with intra country, intra region and cross regional colleagues/stakeholders so as to provide input into the strategic direction of Sales, Product and Client Management functions and to the overall direction of GLCM regional and global business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients including a robust coverage programme
- Be an ambassador for HSBC and develop the bank’s profile in the local ‘International Business’ community.
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC network to deliver exceptional standards and quality of service
- Ensure fairness in all aspects of strategy, product design & delivery, customer literature & correspondence, financial promotions, administration and complaint handling.
- Participate in internal and external business events, road shows and seminars as required by the business
Leadership & Teamwork
- Enhance and nurture strong business relations. Set an example by supporting and motivating colleagues within the team.
- Enhance the teams’ productivity and sustain a high quality client-centric service culture.
- To manage own performance and self-development.
- To keep line management informed of progress/major obstacles towards progress on sales targets.
- Support HSBC Business Banking Bank Relationship Managers
- Fostering a sales culture throughout the Team.
- Input into setting of annual objectives and monitoring own performance and success.
- Fostering a sales culture throughout the Team.
- Input into setting of annual objectives and monitoring own performance and success.
- By providing guidance and technical recommendations in support of Credit Applications ensuring that the facilities are structured to minimize risk whilst optimizing income. Also by assisting them with their own marketing initiatives, including visiting prospective clients.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure compliance monitoring is in place to meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all requests for operational losses/refunds, travel, out of plan expenditure, events etc are appropriately and correctly authorized.
- Complete all sales activity documentation to support implementation as well as provide a record for performance tracking and supporting future sales efforts
- To continually assess the sales processes to identify improvements and efficiencies. Optimizing time within the sales environment.
- Respond within agreed timelines to issues raised by audit and external regulators.
- Resolve any/all identified issues promptly, and escalate concerns to management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns.
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy.
- Ensure all activity documentation is complete to provide performance tracking
- Compliance with and management of sales suitability risks and requirements
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Managing multiple time sensitive tasks
- The job holder needs to constantly evaluate and understand
- Customer banking practices and trends in the market
- The financial/accounting/reconciliation and cash management systems and techniques employed
- The competitive market place.
- Adapting to a fast pace work environment and continually changing lines of communication, technological advances etc. the skills of the job holder is to keep close to the customer requirements.
- Operates within Global Liquidity and Cash Management (GLCM) Sales, working with HSBC Group’s CMB Business Banking customers in providing and supporting the full range of payments, cash management and Trade related products and solutions. GLCM is a provider of choice to clients doing business both domestically and internationally.
- The role holder must have a thorough understanding of the cash management business and be able to take a long-term view of expected changes in the market place to ensure HSBC remains at the forefront.
- The competitive environment is intense but where we differ and/or offer competitive advantages are
- Provision of high quality banking services to our target clients
- Strong international image amongst customers and non-customers
- HSBC aims to become a clear banking market leader for international business
- HSBC has a unique global footprint
- The jobholder is expected to meet clients and forge strong relations. To look for new opportunities, expand on the existing portfolio, increase wallet share and generally ensure the performance of the client. The role holder has to also ensure client satisfaction including identifying and dealing with actual or potential business or relationship risks
- To drive fee income and deposit revenue and GLCM sales activities
- The jobholder works closely within HSBC with CMB Business Banking Sector Relationship Managers, Product and Client Implementation/Management. External contact includes Finance Directors, Treasury Managers, Cash Managers, Operational Departments and numerous third parties.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Additionally they will ensure they effectively manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing, fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by following relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- Group Metrics
- Type of Customers Managed
- EBV Target
- Average PCM Wallet Size
- Overall ratio of Sales to RMs
- Complexity of environment
- Strategic priority of the market
- Global Liquidity and Cash Management (GLCM) is an integral part of the global transaction banking capabilities.
- The jobholder will be responsible for protecting existing and driving new revenues within his/her own portfolio as well as contributing to his/her Teams performance. New sales targets and income retention targets will be set annually.
- The role holder will be expected to work closely with a number of stakeholders and other business areas including, but not limited to other GLCM Sales units, Product Management, Client Management, Regional Service Centres, Sales Practice Management teams, Other Global Transaction Banking units, Global Banking and Treasury, Operational areas, Marketing, Third party business partners
- GLCM Sales does not provide direct credit but will liaise as appropriate to obtain credit approvals in support of GLCM facilities which may amount to hundreds of millions of dollars.
- At least 5 years of experience with local and regional cash management and clearing services, products and techniques.
- Proven Sales Record
- Relationship Management experience at multiple levels plus a proven sales record
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Ability to understand a customers business and the fundamentals of running a business
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical and selling skills
- A good understanding of the market & market trends, competitive environment and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of global cash management
- Experience of working in an International Global Banking environment
- Knowledge of Treasury Foreign Exchange
- Broad based knowledge of HSBC Group companies and product ranges
- Knowledge of day to day workings of a Corporate Treasury environment, foreign exchange and payments.
- Broad knowledge of HSBC Group companies and product ranges
- Association of Corporate Treasurers International Certificate in Cash Management
- Association of the Chartered Institute of Bankers, Certified Treasury Professional or other recognized professional qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge of the HSBC Group’s inter/intra clearing systems
- Bilingualism considered an asset
- University Degree/College Diploma in business/finance preferred
Job Field : Sales
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax
Other Locations : North America-Canada-Quebec-Montreal, North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 17-Feb-2017, 18:26:37 Unposting Date : 02-Mar-2017, 02:59:00