Government Operations Update
Today, the Province of Prince Edward Island provided additional information on government services available to Islanders as the province responds to the impacts of Hurricane Fiona.
Provincial Civil Service Offices across the province will resume operations on Thursday, September 29, with some exceptions including:
- Aubin Arsenault Building offices including Early Childhood Development and Indigenous Relations;
- Department of Environment, Energy and Climate Action’s Forest, Fish and Wildlife offices province-wide;
- Efficiency PEI at 64 Belvedere Avenue;
- Highway Safety Offices across the province will not be providing testing, written exams or safety courses. The International Registration Plan at 33 Riverside Drive will operate as usual;
- Public libraries in Stratford, Abrams Village, Morell, Murray River, Souris, St. Peter’s, Mt. Stewart and the Public Library Service main office in Morell;
- Royalty Centre offices of the Department of Education and Lifelong Learning;
- All five Museum and Heritage Sites which include Beaconsfield Historic House, Orwell Corner Historic Village, Eptek Arts & Culture Centre, Acadian Museum and the Basin Head Fisheries Museum;
- All province parks including campgrounds, day use parks, and Mark Arendz Provincial Park at Brookvale; and
- All provincial golf courses (Crowbush, Brudenell, and Dundrave).
Islanders are asked to call ahead before seeking any government services to ensure they are operational.
A full list of resources is available through the provincial webpage at PrinceEdwardIsland.ca/StormResponse
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)