Election Writs Issued for Newfoundland and Labrador’s Provincial General Election
In a move that signals the official start of Newfoundland and Labrador’s provincial general election period, Mr. Victor Powers, Chief Electoral Officer, today issued election writs to all 40 electoral district Returning Officers. The general election will take place on Monday, November 30, 2015.
“The November 30 provincial general election is very quickly approaching and our district Returning Offices are open and equipped to respond to public enquiries and requests for assistance. A listing of all district offices, their office hours and contact information is available on the Elections Newfoundland and Labrador website, and will also be advertised in various publications.”
– Victor Powers, Chief Electoral Officer of Newfoundland and Labrador
Electors are asked to take note of several important dates for the provincial election:
- Election day is Monday, November 30, 2015 from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Advance poll voting will take place on Monday, November 23, 2015 from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- The deadline to apply for a Special Ballot is Monday, November 23, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.
- Completed Special Ballots must be received at district Returning Offices by Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at
- 4:00 p.m. or at Elections Newfoundland and Labrador headquarters, 39 Hallett Crescent, St. John’s by
- Thursday, November 26, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
All times listed above are half an hour earlier in most of Labrador.
Electors are encouraged to visit the Elections Newfoundland and Labrador website (www.elections.gov.nl.ca) for information pertaining to voting qualifications, regular poll locations, advance poll locations, Special Ballot voting, and more. Electors may also call Elections Newfoundland and Labrador toll-free at 1-877-729-7987.
– 30 –
Communications and Training Manager
Elections Newfoundland and Labrador
Office of the Chief Electoral Officer