Advance Voting Begins Friday
Gatineau, Wednesday, October 7, 2015
For Immediate Release
- Advance voting for the 42nd federal general election begins on Friday, October 9 and continues Saturday, October 10, Sunday, October 11 and Monday, October 12.
- Advance polls are open from 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m. (local time) across the country.
- Electors can find the address of their advance polling place on the back of their voter information card, by checking elections.ca or by calling 1-800-463-6868.
- To vote, electors must show proof of identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is online.
- The voter information card is not an authorized piece of ID, but we encourage electors to bring it with them for faster service at the polls.
“For the first time, electors will have an additional advance voting day,” says Chief Electoral Officer Marc Mayrand. “It’s easy to vote early on any one of the four advance voting days. It takes most electors only a few minutes to cast their ballot.”
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
For election updates, subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.