Title: Training and Quality Assurance Coordinator
Location: CAN – Flexible
Employment status: Permanent Full Time
Salary band: $43,157 – $62,937 / year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Training and Quality Assurance Coordinator
to join our team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Collaborating with the Senior Manager, Philanthropy Services, the Training and Quality Coordinator will use their skills and experience to provide training, coaching, best practices, documentation, and technical support for all users of our Philanthropy data systems and technology within the Philanthropy & Finance department. The incumbent will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of all training initiatives that support the Philanthropy database / BBCRM – UNITY (remotely or onsite) including communicating the agenda/details to requesters & other trainers. They are also responsible for tracking, monitoring and reporting on trainings, as well as, supporting the users in their learning journey.
The incumbent will place an emphasis on quality assurance, audits and data integrity checks and provide the appropriate training/coaching/mentoring as needed. They will provide high quality industry knowledge and insight with the goal of assisting the front-line fundraising staff in maintaining process and records in all Philanthropy systems to facilitate analysis and operational reports. The coordinator will act as the first point of contact for all requests coming through our Jira Service Management platform within the Philanthropy Marketing team.
In this role, you will:
- Provides regular UNITY training to all new and returning users in person, by phone, by Zoom, etc…
Teach new processes, Working Instruction Documents (WIDs) and training modules (fixed training schedule)
- Serves as TIER1 for Philanthropy Support by using the Jira Service Management platform and respect the Service Level Agreement (SLA). Triage requests, evaluate/investigate/respond to basic inquiries and assign non-basic requests to the appropriate team member.
- Provides BBCRM – UNITY expertise to the Relationship fundraising channels’ team members within the Philanthropy department and represents the Philanthropy team’s technical interests on working groups as assigned.
- Proactively communicates, advocates and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers to ensure technical requirements are met for day-to-day and special appeal operations
- Collaborates with the Information Management team to identify opportunities for performing quality assurance and maintaining data integrity. This may include the IM team flagging a data issue that they have found, or the incumbent working with the IM team to build and run data integrity queries.
- Support stakeholders in identifying, developing and prioritizing risk management strategies/plans and track and trend quality deficiencies and develop action plans for mitigation and elimination of issues.
- It is expected that due to the nature of the work in the above responsibilities, most of this roles’ work will shift to the responsibilities below when a large appeal happens.
Provides training to temporary staff, modifying the existing one to suit the emergency needs and provides technical and data support to the Philanthropy team,
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this position are post-secondary education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution and 3-5 or more years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French required.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, technical and numeracy skills
- Analytic and problem-solving skills to develop strategies, identify gaps, and implement program solutions.
- High level of proficiency and accuracy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Fundraising
- Databases (BBCRM experience an asset)
- Ability to effectively develop strong cross-functional working relationships, evidenced by a track record of teamwork and collegiality, building relationships within and beyond the Philanthropy department
- Leads and fosters open dialogue and collaboration across the organization to drive alignment and interdependence
- Foster and integrate continuous improvement and innovation in everything we do
Able to build trust while leading organizational Development, talent development and performance management
- The majority of this work will be performed in a safe and clean environment.
- Hybrid working model (office and home). Occasionally required to work non-traditional hours to meet travel and other commitments and during times of a disaster response and/or appeal.
- Domestic travel will be required to conduct training.
- Completion of a successful Criminal Record Check is required.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.