Title: Technician – Health Equipment
Employee Working Location: Office/In-person (Summerside, PEI)
Employment status: Casual
Salary band: $20.69 – $25.86/hour
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Technician – Health Equipment to join its team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will be primarily responsible for the safe delivery of health-related equipment, as well as, repair and cleaning of the equipment. This career opportunity will be of interest to those individuals who possess a mechanical aptitude and are interested in learning and building a career related to health equipment repair and recycling.
In this role, you will:
- Repair, clean, and general maintenance of health equipment including manual wheelchairs, hospital beds and other related health equipment to an already determined set of standards.
- Transport health equipment to various locations, as required.
- Maintain an inventory log of all completed projects, as well as keep an accurate inventory count of health equipment.
- Maintain an accurate record of health equipment donations received as well as inspection and accurate documentation of donated and/or returned health equipment.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this job are completion of secondary school and a minimum of two years of safe driving experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skilled labourer experience is an asset for this role.
- Strong customer service skills and strong communications skills, verbal and written.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and able to troubleshoot problems of a technical nature.
- Familiarity with computers and inventory control systems is a definite asset.
- Experience with seniors, cognitively impaired and physically disabled clients is considered an asset.
- Able to do heavy lifting (75lbs to 100lbs).
- Able to work efficiently and effectively in fast paced environment.
- A valid driver’s license (class 5) and satisfactory driver’s abstract is required.
- Current First Aid & CPR certification is required.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.