Radio Announcer (Remote)
News Reader/Interviewer Opportunity:
Looking for talented person to work with our organization. IPOD – (Indigenous Professional On Demand) a NationTalk company values it’s network of professionals by empowering them to work remotely and efficiently in the communities they call home. As the world we know changes fast—our client NationTalk has had the “Work The From Anywhere” strategy in place for over 15 years.
NationTalk is always a step or two ahead of the curve we are deeply committed to providing the solutions of tomorrow to our customers today. We are offering a unique creative opportunity to influence business practices and the country at its core through a new enterprise called NationTalk Radio. Email us at HR@nationtalk.ca today!
You are responsible for safeguarding our business and customers by recording the latest news stories about social, cultural, economic, business, sports, weather, education, and other events. Want to know more https://nationtalk.ca/
NationTalk Radio (NTR) is the only Indigenous all talk radio station which was created to strengthen the civic and cultural life of the communities we serve from coast to coast by providing a reliable and indispensable source of information, current events, music discussion, elder and youth perspectives, arts, and entertainment.
Our company’s vision is to become Turtle Island’s most cherished, significant, and relied-upon all talk radio news source in order to better serve our audience and involve all our Nations, one that links our Peoples from community to all communities while delivering fresh possibilities, and the news it preferrs.
Job Description for News Reader/Interviewer:
In order to make NationTalk Radio possible and further our goal of informing Indigenous people, we are seeking a number of creative, energetic, self-starters. We want to hear from you if you’re seeking a stimulating opportunity to work with an Indigenous-led organization.
Your primary responsibilities include (training in areas also provided):
- Identifies, reviews, edits and records media releases and news stories about social, cultural, economic, business, sports, weather, education, entertainment and other events,
- Works with Indigenous community radio stations and schools to provide National presence of their community’s produced one hour audio shows in our after hours program,
- Leads the creation of radio, videos and other entertainment material, for broadcast, and works with the team on commercials and public service announcements,
- Act as host/hostess or master of ceremonies, introduces and interviews guests and conducts proceedings for shows and programs,
- Read prepared scripts on radio, television shows or at venues,
- Choose the program’s material in collaboration with the producers,
- Research and write copy for current and relevant stories that match the narrative of your show or assignment,
- Accept ideas from the listening audience and announce talk radio selections, station breaks, advertising, or public service announcements,
- Maintain daily show records that detail all broadcast aspects including interview choices and station promotions.
- Promote products and clients to listeners or viewers,
- Organize games, competitions, or other on-air contests, carrying out tasks like posing questions and other promos,
- Network cues should be provided to allow certain syndicated stations to receive programming,
NTR is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to apply:
Please be aware that in order to be considered for this position, you must send us your resume, at least one reference letter and a voice sample (per the script provided below). You can record tests using your software or recording on your smartphone.
Send the recording to email@example.com along with your resume and cover letter.
Please use the text below for your sample voice recording submission:
State Your Name,
Date of Recording,
What job you are applying for and bit about yourself.
Read the following media release, you may rewrite it to fit your style first.
“Manitoba Government Announces $2.1 Million for Provincewide Integrated Missing Persons Response
March 20, 2023
Funding Part of Budget 2023’s $52-Million Violent Crime Strategy: Goertzen, Squires
The Manitoba government is investing $2.1 million to fund dedicated police resources to establish a Manitoba Integrated Missing Persons Response. The investment will reduce the number of missing adults and children across the province and provide co-ordinated inter-agency supports to those that go missing chronically, Justice Minister Kelvin Goertzen and Families Minister Rochelle Squires, minister responsible for the status of women, announced today.
“Manitoba has seen high rates of missing persons over the last several years and in 2021, 63 per cent of missing children were runaway girls,” said Goertzen. “This is an unacceptable reality, and our government is taking concrete action to intervene, protect children and families, and ensure the safety of our youth.”
The Manitoba Integrated Missing Persons Response aligns directly with several recommendations of the final report of the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls, such as the need for better-supported community-based first response and more responsive, transparent, and accountable policing, the minister noted. The investment will require co-ordination of police agencies, support services and community-services providers to assist in identifying and managing chronic missing persons in a responsive and co-ordinated way.”