||Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Co-op/Intern Programming is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles, and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
• Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
• Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
• Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
||Are you someone that enjoys breaking things?
Are you someone that cares about the end-user experience?
Do you get frustrated when things don’t work or takes too long?
Do you love coding in Java, SQL, and Python?
Do you have an interest in technology and love problem solving?Then you should join our Quality Engineering Team!
TD Quality Engineering (QE) Practice a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery.
Similar to industry trends, TD’s definition of this area of discipline (as well as skill and knowledge requirements) has changed over time. One thing hasn’t changed – experts in this area remain highly-marketable across businesses.
Some of our QE activities may focuses on test automation, behavior driven development (BDD), continuous integration/ continuous testing, End-to-End testing, environment resiliency, Data/ETL testing on platforms such as Hadoop and Azure Cloud. Quality Engineering activities, in contrast, give stakeholders information about product or service quality while allowing the business to appreciate and understand any implementation risks. Many Testing & QE Experts could be involved in end-to-end delivery of testing, or more focused on a specific discipline.
As a QE tester you would write test automations to break things on purpose, so the customer doesn’t break them by accident. Test Quality Engineering is a methodical process that requires planning, careful execution, and documentation. QE testers play an important part in a product’s development. They ensure the final product meets the requirements set out by the client and reduce the number of errors in software. We are looking for bright individuals with a curious mind to work with one of our various quality engineering teams within the Technology group.
Quality Engineer Intern/Co-op will be trained and have opportunities to contribute to below responsibilities which may vary by area. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
• Build an overall understanding by reviewing system requirements and design documents
• Create, execute and document detailed, accurate test cases using Test Management tools – JIRA/JTMF
• Define test data and environment requirements
• Automate test cases using available automation frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, and Rest assured
• Test TD mobile and web applications (responsive web) on variety of browsers and Android & iOS mobile devices
• Execute automated test cases using continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, and git
• Detect Accessibility violations via variety of accessibility testing methods/tools
• Exposure to Data as a Service (DaaS) solutions and processes
• Attend Agile ceremonies including daily stand ups, refinement, planning, and retrospective sessions
• Have an exploratory mind set while testing applications, log defects and work with DEV teams to resolve them
• Provide support to technology peers and business that results in identifying solutions effectively
• Play an active role in developing test plans, traceability matrices and test closure reports, for small to moderately complex projects
• Promptly identify and raise awareness of issues
• Find ways to improve processes and delivery outcomes
• May support and maintain virtualized services, components, and environments by using Service
• Virtualization tools to enable functional and non-functional testing
• Deliver on TD’s technology delivery practices, standards, and project management disciplines
• Continuously enhance knowledge and expertise, keep current
• Quality engineers may support our Data platforms, Mobile & Web applications, or Performance engineering.
||• Currently enrolled in a relevant technology programs, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology Management, Financial Analysis and Risk Management, Computing, etc.
• Interest in testing and ability to conduct basic testing activities for QE-related projects
• Strong knowledge in programming languages such as Java/C/C++/Python, database query languages, extensible markup languages (XML), API methods, and experience with Microsoft Office
• Enthusiast in learning and applying the latest technologies in Azure Cloud, DevOps and CI/CD
• Readiness to participate in testing processes and methodology
• Strong communication, verbal, and written skills
• Detail-oriented, strong analytical skills
• Self-motivated, independent, and proactive
||At TD, we recognize there is more work to be done on our collective journey towards Truth and Reconciliation. That’s why, we’re applying our business, people and philanthropy to help create a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow for Indigenous Peoples across Canada. We believe this is a key step forward on our journey towards Truth and Reconciliation.
We’re committed to the ongoing development and growth of colleagues, so that they can unlock their full potential and achieve their career goals. We treat colleagues with the same care, warmth and respect that we show our customers, and we know that caring colleagues and supportive leaders are what makes TD unique. To learn more, visit Indigenous talent at TD:
Please note that this is a general posting. If you are selected for an interview, more information regarding which business group and the specific job duties will be provided.
Early Talent Requirements
• This position is a 4-month work term and will commence May 1 – August 25th, 2023.
• Applications must include a resume (maximum of 2 pages). We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview..
• TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
||At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
All students who self-identify as an Indigenous Person (First Nations, Inuit, or Métis) are encouraged to advise of their application by notifying Joshua Cayer, Diversity Talent Sourcing – Indigenous Peoples: firstname.lastname@example.org