Eden Valley Poultry Inc. located at 326 Main Street in Berwick, NS is a company unique in the industry. We process and market chickens and turkeys for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island farmers.
We strive to be an employer of choice by contributing to the well-being of the community, minimizing our impact on the environment, and remaining focused on exceptional food safety and quality standards.
We are currently seeking permanent quality focused Poultry Production Workers. In this role, you will be a valuable part of our production team processing and packaging poultry. Your commitment will ensure our customer orders are achieved while adhering to the highest standards of food safety and quality. The language of work is English. The location of work is Berwick, NS.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Processing poultry based on standard operating and safe work procedures.
- Examining poultry to meet customer specification prior to packaging.
- Removing bones and trimming meat.
- Packing product in totes and boxes, trays, and baskets.
- Working on the production line with consistent speed and accuracy.
- Ensuring that production requirements and standards are met consistently.
- Making every effort to increase productivity and efficiency without compromising quality.
- Working cooperatively with the team to meet production goals.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Observing all safety guidelines.
- Following all written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrating a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ years’ experience working in industrial production is strongly preferred.
- Capable of reading and understanding English production documents and safety manuals.
- Willingness to always comply with all safety guidelines.
- Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, and reaching.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
The hourly rate for Poultry Production Worker is $19.94. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, medical and dental, a pension plan, access to a health care provider and a free gym membership.