Does the idea of supporting infrastructure and environmental project delivery for the defence of Canada at various Atlantic locations excite you?
Come join a team of professionals who are working in your field of study. You will be given a chance to learn, excel and engage in exciting and meaningful work for up to a 4-month term in the fields of engineering, environmental science, and infrastructure services.
DCC is a dynamic and fast-paced Crown corporation. Our clients include the Canadian Armed Forces and the Department of National Defence. Our more than 1000 civilian employees work in offices across the country, often co-located on military bases. Corporate values of dedication, collaboration, competence and fairness guide our actions, the way we make decisions and how we conduct our business. To help us lead the way, we are looking for highly motivated, ready-to-learn and reliable individuals who would like to contribute their best.
We are pleased to offer Indigenous students an up to four-month work experience term at one of 6 DCC offices in Atlantic Canada:
Nova Scotia New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador
Halifax Gagetown Gander
Bedford Goose Bay
What you can expect:
You will expand your skills and build a network of colleagues in a variety of disciplines who are passionate about the work they do and will lead and mentor you in a high-performing environment. Successful candidates will gain office and field experience in construction and/or environmental work, and may support the following:
- monitoring inspections, environmental contracts and control of materials
- checking compliance with contractual requirements and reporting deviations
- maintaining records, schedules and documents, and preparing standard reports
- supporting large and complex renovation contracts and major new construction projects
- tendering of construction contracts by reviewing plans and specifications.
Find out more about working at DCC: https://dcc-cdc.gc.ca/english/careers/
What we are looking for:
- Good judgement, positive attitude and flexible nature
- Knowledge of computer software programs and how to use them
- Strong critical thinking, writing and interpersonal skills, with an attention to detail
Who we are looking for:
- You meet the minimum age requirement to work in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador.
- You are eligible to work in Canada.
- You self-identify as an Indigenous person (First Nations, Inuit or Métis).
Follow this link to apply: https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=DEFENCECONSTRUCTIONCANADA&cws=47&rid=4582