Title: Finance Analyst, Time Costing and Analytics
Location: Across Canada (Remote)
Employment status: Permanent, full time
Salary band: $45,049 – $65,696 /year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Finance Analyst – Time Costing & Analytics to join our team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, Time Costing and Analytics, or his/her designate, the incumbent will be responsible for processing, monitoring, analyzing, and reconciling transactions and completing monthly reports relevant to the CRC’s payroll. They will also ensure the accuracy of financial records for internal and external parties in accordance with CRC’s accounting principles, established policies and procedures, relevant legislation, government guidelines, local contract requirements and audit requirements.
In this role, you will:
Responsibility 1: Transaction processing and reconciliation
- Extract bi-weekly employee and time billing data from relevant systems used to prepare calculations and working files.
- Prepare detailed bi-weekly and monthly accrual time billing calculations and working files, ensuring time billed is accurate and appropriate.
- Create and prepare entries and accruals for approved recovery allocations (for all programs).
- Perform bi-weekly, monthly, and yearly general ledger time billing reconciliations.
- Maintain the billable codes list and work with MyTime Support to make updates in MyTime.
Responsibility 2: Analysis and reporting
- Identify any errors or omissions and prepare corrected journal entries as required.
- Maintain Excel databases (data and entries) for reconciliation purposes and to meet reporting requests.
- Generate, create and distribute billable hour reports.
- Modify SBR reports bi-weekly and distribute them.
- Report requests as required and ensure general ledgers accounts are balanced.
Responsibility 3: Adhere to safe work practices and practices outlined in their applicable provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act (employees and volunteers at every level).
Responsibility 4: Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide a coordinated team effort to meet the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
What we are looking for:
- Completion of a university degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of job-related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, and collaboratively within a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with senior management. Fluency in both official languages is considered an asset.
- This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check.
- Experience with time tracking systems, billings, recoveries, and with AX Dynamics is an asset.
- Working towards, or completion of a chartered professional accounting designation is an asset.
- The majority of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.