Title: Data Migration Analyst
Location: Across Canada, work from home
Type of contract: Temporary (12 months) full-time
Salary band: $61,113 – $89,122
An iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet – The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), is seeking Data Migration Analyst to join our Information Services team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are looking for a Data Migration Analyst, who will work with the Senior Manager, Business Systems & Process Analysis. The incumbent will be responsible for playing a contributory role on enterprise-wide transformational projects. Based on breadth and depth of understanding of data migration, the Data Migration Analyst works on projects of various sizes to integrate business processes, business rules and business data with technology to satisfy business requirements.
In this role, you will:
- Perform database analysis & database mining and reates routine, complex ad-hoc and custom queries.
- Be responsible for data modeling , data mapping data quality and data cleanliness in advance of the migration and/or integration activities
- Work closely with clients who may elect to scrub certain pieces of ‘dirty’ data before any migration/ integration run.
- Perform source and target mapping – conducts discovery and requirements gathering sessions for the data migration and/or integration requirements to identify how items from the source system(s) will be mapped to the target system.
- Make migration or integration source data available in a standard format to be determined by analysis (i.e., a staging database, Excel, Azure, etc.).
- Map the source system data to system elements with a preference for using the existing out-of-the-box (OOB) elements first and custom defined new elements second. Identifies and documents any static cross-reference information.
- Perform source system data analysis to manage source to target data mapping
- Develop and produce reports upon request including dashboards and report visualizations
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this job are a Bachelor’s degree in a related field e.g., Mathematics 5+ years of job-related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience years of proven working experience as a data analyst / data migration analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong background in using Excel Power Query, Power Bi and MS SQL is mandatory. Knowledge of Azure Synapse, Python, or R is an asset
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Understanding of Data Migration ETL Process
- Experience in working with both English and French data for data migration and integration analysis and conversion
- Strong communication skills in English are essential
- Some travel across Canada may be required for meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
The Canadian Red Cross is an organization guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.