Title: Community Health Coordinator – Friendly Calls
Employee Working Location: Flexible work location within Newfoundland – Hybrid work at home and in office.
Employment status: Temporary Full-Time until March 2024
Salary band: $38,226 – $47,782/year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Community Health Coordinator to join our Community Health department.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent is responsible for the coordination and delivery of the Friendly Calls Program. The incumbent is also responsible to recruit, train, engage and supervise volunteers to ensure we can meet client needs and successfully carry out the Friendly Calls program.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate the delivery of the Friendly Calls program in Newfoundland in a manner consistent with established policies and procedures.
- Implement effective operational procedures, quality assurance standards, reporting systems and controls, to ensure the proper and consistent delivery of the program.
- Assist with the development and implementation of approved marketing and promotion strategies to ensure significant growth of the program.
- Maintain accurate records on service volumes and other program metrics and report statistics on a regular basis.
- Execute a comprehensive volunteer and client resource management program to support the Friendly Calls program.
- Recruit, train, orient, engage and supervise volunteers within the Community Health program.
- On-board new clients, including initial matching and scheduling with a suitable and available volunteer.
- Ensure client files are entered and maintained in the appropriate database in accordance with the Society’s policies and procedures.
- Employees and Volunteers at every level are responsible for safe work practices and to adhere to practices outlined in their applicable provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this job are completion of post-secondary education or diploma in a business or health-related field with one to three years of job related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience working with seniors is considered an asset.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple issues simultaneously in a complex client-based environment.
- Sound decision making abilities, combined with strong organizational skills, are essential.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, in English is required.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and presentation skills.
- Previous experience working with volunteers and the ability to supervise is considered an asset.
- Standard First Aid & CPR certification is an asset.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.