Company: Fox Harb’r Development Ltd O/A Fox Harb’r Resort
Business Information: Our resort is located in a picturesque rural community on the shores of the Northumberland Strait in Cumberland County of Nova Scotia. The resort offers guest accommodation, on-site golf, a full-service Spa, sport shooting, and dining.
Business Address: 1337 Fox Harbour Road, Fox Harbour, NS, B0K 1Y0
Work location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time-Seasonal/ 8-month contract
Estimated Start Date: Early March, 2022
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare and cook special meals for clients as instructed by chef
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Order supplies and equipment
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Organize and manage buffets and banquets
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
– Education: Completion of high school is required
– Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience a post-secondary certificate is required.
– Work conditions and physical capabilities: Standing for extended periods, Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Work under pressure
– Personal suitability: Flexibility, Team player, Reliability, Initiative, Dependability, Organized
– Language: English is required
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 hourly, 40.00 hours per week.
Benefits: As a benefits package the employer will provide:
- Accommodation is available for rent if required at a discounted rate
- Travel Fuel Allowance
- Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate
- Discounts at the Resort’s Dining Areas; The Cape Cliff and Willard
- Discounts on Accommodations, Golf and Spa services & products
- Friends and Family Rates for overnight accommodations
- Complimentary use of the Junior Olympic Pool, Mineral Pool and Fitness Room
- Team Member rates for Golf, Sport Shooting, Kayaking, Trail Rides etc.
- Team Member Activities and Department Incentives
- Team Member Education Funding and Bursary Program
- Team Member housing availability
Position requires flexibility in scheduling, including evening or weekend hours based on business needs. Shifts: 6AM – 2:30PM; 12PM – 8:30PM; 2PM – 10:30PM; 4PM-12:30AM. Please note that we are located in a rural area.
Apply by mail to: 1337 Fox Harbour Road, Fox Harbour, NS, B0K 1Y0
Apply by fax to: (902) 257-1701
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
cc: [email protected]
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application – COOK (seasonal)