Company: South Shore Fish Shack Ltd.
Business Information: Located in the heart of historic Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, The South Shore Fish Shack features a simple menu of seaside favourites, sourced locally and classically prepared. Our dishes are designed to let the fresh seafood shine while you enjoy stunning harbour views from either of our patios. Come for the seafood, stay for the views.
Business Address: 108 Montague St., Lunenburg, NS, B0J 2C0
Work location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full Time – Seasonal / 6-month contract
Estimated Start Date: May 1st, 2021
● Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
● Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
● Inspect kitchens and food service areas
● Order supplies and equipment
● Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
● Clean kitchen and work areas
● Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
● Open and close the restaurant
– Education: Completion of high school is required
– Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a cook is required. In the event that the candidate does not have 3 years of experience then a post-secondary certificate is required
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, repetitive tasks, standing for extended periods, attention to detail
-Personal suitability: Flexibility, team player, initiative, client focus, dependability, reliability, organized.
Salary: $13.00to $15.00 hourly, 40-48 hours per week.
Benefits: Extended medical insurance, year-end bonus, free uniforms for work, free meals, accommodation provided at a cost, and transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Important information: The chosen candidates will have a flexible schedule based on the restaurant’s demand. Days off on a rotational basis. We are open 7 days per week during the season. Work schedule includes weekends and evenings during the following shifts: from 6 am to 2 pm, from 4 pm to 12 am, and from 12 pm to 9 pm. The chosen candidates will work the majority of their hours on weekends, when demand peaks, and throughout the week to fulfil opening hours.
-Workers needed for this season starting as early as May 1st 2021.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: P.O. Box 546, Lunenburg, NS, B0J 2C0