Company: 10200778 Canada Ltd. o/a Pizza Pizza
Business Information: Pizza Pizza is a provider of Pizza and Pizzeria products/services in Halifax, NS. We also provide catering services.
Business location: 6954 Mumford Rd, Halifax, NS B3L 4V9
Location of work: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Prepare pizza dough and cook the pizzas
· Prepare and cook other complete meals or individual dishes and foods
· Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
· Inspect kitchens and food service areas
· Assist in the training of staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
· Order supplies and equipment
· Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
· Clean kitchen and work areas
· Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances (ex. Gluten)
· Manage day to day administration duties of the kitchen for it to function smoothly throughout the day and not cause and hindrance during the rush hours
· Adhere to the Food Safety Laws and overlook operations of other employees and educate them on the importance of Food Safety Laws
· Stock ingredients for the daily operations
· Prepare food orders as they are commanded by strictly following the kitchen preparation card and make sure that the customer receives the product in good quality
· Keep records of the products used in the kitchen and use the stored products following the policy of the franchise
· Address any possible customer’s complaints following the franchise’s policy
· Cook for catering orders
– Education: Completion of high school is required.
– Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a cook is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate is required.
– Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Standing for extended periods, Physically demanding, Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Overtime required, Attention to detail, Handling heavy loads (up to 13 kg), Work under pressure
– Personal Suitability: Flexibility, Excellent oral communication, Team player, Reliability, Initiative, Client focus, Dependability, Organized, Flexibility
– Language: English is required
Salary: $14.00 – $15.00 Hourly, 40-60 Hours per week.
Benefits: Performance bonus and 1 meal provided per shift. If the candidate is willing to relocate, transportation costs are covered by the employer.
Important information: Flexibility in schedule is required. Position requires extended work hours, including evening, night, weekend and holiday hours as needed. The candidate will work 8 to 12 hours a day within the rotational shifts that are available from 10:00 AM up to 1:00 AM. Rotational days off will be available. Overtime work will be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 6954 Mumford Rd, Halifax, NS B3L 4V97