HILLSIDE HOLSTEINS FARM LIMITED, A DAIRY PRODUCER IN NEWFOUNDLAND IS NOW HIRING FOR One (1) FULL TIME DAIRY HERDSPERSON!
Hillside Holsteins Farm Limited is known for providing many years of excellent farming services with a focus on quality products
Please note: This role involves working various and long hours.
- Feed cows, heifers, calves by formulating a feeding program (based on individual requirements for each)
- Keep record of nutritional requirements of feed (update as they change)
- Milk cattle twice daily
- Keep record of milk production
- Maintain quality control of cattle health and milk quality
- Ensure proper sanitation of milking equipment
- Maintain health of animals (dehorning, clipping, hoof trimming)
- Look after animals and take temperature readings on possible sick calves
- Recognize health problems and give medicine as needed.
- Assist in breeding animals (track to find best time for fertility)
- Care of new born calves (ensure proper environment for birthing and assist with birth)
- Supervise and train general farm workers/ part time workers that come and go depending on season
Education and Experience:
No formal education required and 1-2 years of experience
Language: No English/Basic English is sufficient
Wage: $15.30/ hourly
How to apply:
By mail or in person:
P.O. Box 19. RR1, Lethbridge, Newfoundland A0C 1V0
We welcome all to apply including Veterans, Seniors, Women, Aboriginals, Persons with disability, Women and more.