Knowledge Facilitator (WORKSITE LOCATION IS FLEXIBLE)
TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
IH ABOR CULT SAFETY ED
PRACTICE LEAD, ABORIGINAL HEALTH
OPEN UNTIL FILLED*
The worksite location for this position is flexible within the Interior Health Region.
In accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, the Knowledge Facilitator, Aboriginal Cultural Safety will provide leadership in the implementation of IH’s cultural safety framework and plan through development of knowledge and skills in the application of cultural competency, safety and humility. The Knowledge Facilitator assumes the role of consultant to ad hoc teams, with a primary focus on supporting in the application of cultural competency, safety and humility. The Knowledge Facilitator provides leadership in policy and guidelines, systems level collaboration, physician engagement and through knowledge of evidence-based practices, including curriculum development and program evaluation.
The Journey to Aboriginal Cultural Safety program is intent on shifting culture and structures, and the Knowledge Facilitator is responsible for leading continuous quality improvement and ongoing program development (For example, the Organizational Self-Assessment Tool for ICS: An Evaluation Rubric, developing and implementing policy and guidelines, facilitating systems level collaboration, curriculum development and program evaluation).
The Knowledge Facilitator collaborates with all members of the healthcare team and provides expert advice in the application of various legislations and policy.
** Pursuant to section 41 of the British Columbia Human Rights Code, preference will be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry.
Education, training & Experience:
•Master’s Degree plus three to five years of recent, related experience in adult education, coaching, mentoring, training, conflict resolution, and provision of facilitation of Aboriginal curriculum and training.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Indigenous cultural competency training.
• Experience in interacting and developing relationships with Aboriginal communities, government agencies, and Ministries, along with extensive understanding and knowledge of Aboriginal culture and, specifically, First Nations culture within IH.
• Leads Self – self-awareness, manages self, develops self, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – communicates effectively
• Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions, assesses and evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – builds partnership and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers and service
• System Transformation – demonstrates systems/critical thinking
Skills and Abilities:
• Cultural Competency, safety and humility.
• Ability to assess and manage conflict in environments that are often cross-cultural, emotionally charged, and deal with complex learning.
• Demonstrated extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of Aboriginal health.
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals toward the vision of the organization while fostering teamwork and commitment to excellence in the provision of care.
• Ability to be self-directed and work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Ability to deal with cultural issues sensitively.
• Ability to travel extensively throughout the Health Authority. Driver’s license required.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to identify variances and implement strategies that lead to desired outcomes.
• Ability to apply the problem-solving process demonstrating critical thinking, decision-making skills, and systems analysis.
• Ability to define own continuing education needs and maintain competency through reading literature, attending management workshops and seminars, and participating in other educational offerings.
• Ability to utilize computer equipment and computer programs (word processing, e-mail, internet, basic spreadsheet).
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
* All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: