We are looking for a financial leader with strong strategic prioritization and proven ability to organize, develop and implement initiatives successfully. Innovative problem solving, collaboration, and the ability to manage and navigate through a large complex environment will be key.
The Corporate Director, Business Strategy has responsibility for strategic and tactical project/program development and operational implementation for a variety of complex projects within the Chief Financial Officer portfolio. The Corporate Director interprets and translates provincial mandates, Interior Health (IH)-wide directions, and portfolio priorities into operational strategies, while working collaboratively with leaders across Corporate and Operational areas to ensure smooth implementation and transition through project phases.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Directs and implements strategic initiatives utilizing change management motivation and analysis, plus manages projects effectively in a multi-disciplinary and complex environment, utilizing project management principles and methodologies.
2. Efficiently and resourcefully analyzes and resolves problems utilizing negotiation, group facilitation, and conflict resolution skills. Implements plans for resolution. Develops business cases, proposals, and impact analyses for initiatives.
3. Develops the Budget Management Plan (BMP), facilitating discussions and negotiating elements with Vice Presidents and Executive Director with a deliverable of both developing the BMP in alignment with the IH Vision, Mission and Values, the Health Service Plan, targeted funding and other Ministry requirements.
4. Negotiates cost categories with Ministry of Health executives and shaping financial policy and targets with respect to Health Authority funding.
5. Leads and/or participates in operational and system improvements by engaging inter-disciplinary teams in critical problem-solving utilizing quality improvement methodology.
6. Creates strategy and environment for large-scale transformational change encompassing human and financial resources, organizational structure, and culture along with appropriate leadership development to support change.
7. Liaises with senior leadership tables within IH and connects with Directors, Managers, employees, physicians, and other Health Authorities as required for assigned initiatives.
8. Identifies and engages with key internal and external stakeholders, facilitates discussion/problem-solving, builds consensus, and facilitates transformation and horizontal implementation of complex strategies across the organization.
9. Works to remove barriers that hamper inter- and intra-departmental communications to facilitate project planning and implementation. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees and stakeholders that support and advance business goals and objectives.
10. Undertakes the research required to provide best practice project/program recommendations that support and enhance organization-wide goals, Ministry requirements, and project deliverables.
11. Creates and sustains an environment that supports decision-making, accountability, and linkages at all levels in the organization.
12. Supports the development of employees throughout the organization to identify and nurture talent and new leadership that results in improved performance.
13. Articulates change in organizational and business priorities to staff in ways that encourage action and support.
14. Serves on and/or provides support to organization-wide or department-specific project teams as assigned.
15. Manages within approved budgets and makes resource recommendations to the VP, Residential Services and CFO.
16. Performs other related duties as required.