Two full-time, permanent cooks are required immediately at our Cornwall location. The pay ranges from $12 to $13 depending on the experience. A two to three-year work experience is highly desirable.
The Job Description is as follows:
1.Highly skilled in preparing, seasoning, and cooking a wide range of foods, including salads and entrees.
2.Hands-on experience in roasting, grilling, boiling, and frying chicken and other foods
3. Prepare and cook food in keeping with recipes, quality standards and presentation standards of Sam’s Family Restaurant.
4. Supplied assigned work area with all required products.
5.In-depth knowledge of hygiene, hand washing and safety codes.
6. Follow standardized recipes to ensure smooth customer service and maintain the work area in neat and clean condition.
7. Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices.
8.Season and cook food according to recipes and experience.
9. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
10.Portion , arrange, garnish food, cook and serve food to waiters.
11. Regulate temperature of ovens, grills, and roasters.
12. Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
13. Roast, broil, and steam meats, vegetables, and other foods.
The following skills are highly desirable in our restaurant’s kitchen:-
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers.
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- May clean kitchen and work area
- May determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements, and monitor and order supplies.
- May train kitchen staff.
- Willing to get WHMIS training and certificate.
A minimum high school graduate certificate with good English communication and comprehending skills are required.