- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
Miawpukek First Nation Powwow
From July 31st to August 2nd, 2015, Miawpukek First Nation will celebrate its 20th annual traditional powwow.
Located on the South Coast of Newfoundland, the Miawpukek First Nation – Conne River is the only recognized Reserve on the island of Newfoundland. In July and August of 2015 we will be hosting traditional dancers, drummers, spiritual leaders, elders from across the Mi’kmaq Nation will converge on the most eastern Province to celebrate their traditions, culture, and spiritualism. This years Powwow will be the final part of our Miawpukek Cultural Celebrations and Come Home Year 2015 which starts on July 24th.
Along with many traditions and customs the entire region offers visitors the opportunity to explore the vast wilderness of the area.
This event offers travelers, friends and guests the opportunity to partake in activities and events such as; traditional dancing and chanting, sacred ceremonies, feasts, traditional food sampling, sharing of culture and traditions, making new friends, and renewing of old friends.
During this event many traditional Mi’kmaq craft vendors display their talents in handmade arts and crafts. This event is sponsored by the Miawpukek First Nation, Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism, Coast of Bays, Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, and Heritage Canada.
- Honourarium for Dancers and Drummers.
- Sunrise and Sweat Lodge Ceremonies.
- Campsites available.
- 24/7 Security.
- Limited camping on site.
- Washrooms and showers available.
- No ALCOHOL or DRUGS.
- Tent – $TBD per night.
- RV – $TBD per night.
- Travel Trailer – $10.00 per night.
- There is No Dumping Station.
- There is No Electricity.
- Generators may be used until 11PM.
- Please Respect Mother Nature as well as your Neighbours.
- Powwow Booth – $100 per day.
- Your Own Booth/Tent – $75 per day.
- We prefer Traditional, Authentic, handmade crafts.
- No Carnival Type Merchandise.
- Electrical Hookup to our Generator is $25 per day for Vendors.
- Darlene Joe, Collie Jeddore, Thelma Drew – 709-882-2470 (Available from June until the Powwow)
- Colleen Lambert – ac.vognfm@rct – 709-882-2470
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: